Well its already finals week, and I have 6 of them! That's the most I have had since I've been at VU! I've been lucky with some classes not having finals, but this semester all of them have a final! I also still have to work on my Assitive Technology Portfolio! The sad part is Tyler took an IDA day today, and I can't even spend too much time with him, because I'll be studying=( It is nice just to have him home though. Friday night I was able to spend a little time with Alexis. I picked her up, and she was in love my Christmas tree and presents! She just couldn't believe it, and she wanted to open the presents of course! I told her she couldn't open them until we all were together next week and she told me thank you already and she hasn't even opened them! She's too sweet! We stood outside of my apartment with Cody waiting on Jake to go by in the parade, but of course I missed him because Alexis needed to pee! haha! But Alexis loved getting the parade candy and then we went to sit on Santas lap! She loved him, and she told him she wanted sparkly lipgloss...and her picture should be really cute! I took her to McDonalds because she said she was hungry, and she ate everything! It was sad taking her home, and I know it has to be sad for Pam and Katie not living in town anymore.
This will be the second Christmas without my Dad. People always say with time it will get better, but I have found for myself it gets harder. I believe I was in denial and reality hadn't set in for awhile. I still remember my first day at school after he passed away. The semester before I would come home on Tuesdays and Thursdays and we would go to lunch, since he wasn't working. I remember on the drive home thinking I'm going to ask Dad to go to lunch today, and I even walked in the door and looked at his empty chair and it still took me a few minutes to realize what I was doing. I still think of all the things he is missing, and I want him here for. I think him and Tyler would get along great, and have lots to talk about since they work at the coal mine =) He would be so proud of Brian for working so hard this summer, and of Dylan for playing Varsity soccer as a freshman @ WC like a pro...As I look into the future with only a year and half left of school I think about getting married and having a baby and I realize he won't be there, and how I know he wishes he could be. I know it will never get easier. He would be 50 in January and I know we would of all be celebrating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment